6 Easy Steps to Make a Bulletin Board "Present"

It is always nice to change the decoration in your room. It is like changing your hair - the kids always notice! In our building, decor just does NOT stay on the wall. EVER. As much as I might want to decorate, it just is too much hassle. Changing the bulletin board though - that is easy.

6 Easy Steps to Make a Bulletin Board "Present" - Looking for a fun and inexpensive way to decorate your room for the holiday? This post shows teachers how to make a bulletin board look like a present.

How to Turn Your Bulletin Board into a Present

Supplies

1. You will need enough ribbon to go around your board, plus a few extra inches. Look for wide ribbon with wire that is used to make bows. (I chose a velvety ribbon so that it wouldn't be see through.)
2. Decide if you want to change your bulletin board background. (I didn't.) If you do, you could use a roll of wrapping paper for the background. Be careful not to buy one that is too busy, or it will take away from whatever you put on top.
3. Buy one really large bow - like you would put on a bike.
4. I found glitter paper clips, too, but they are optional.

Steps

1. I did not change the background. If you plan on changing it, do that first.
2. I was alone, so I "measured" the ribbon by myself. I simply held the ribbon up to one corner and measured down to the bottom, allowing about a 2 inch overhang. (I decided to cover the metal edge of the board. Be sure to include enough ribbon if you want to cover it.) Cut that piece, then cut another piece the same length.

6 Easy Steps to Make a Bulletin Board "Present" - Looking for a fun and inexpensive way to decorate your room for the holiday? This post shows teachers how to make a bulletin board look like a present.

3. I chose to put up my two sides first. Take one end of the ribbon length and fold it under about 1/2". pin or staple to the corner. (Pinning will allow you to adjust it if you need. I just stapled it straight away.) I smoothed the ribbon down and stapled once or twice in the middle of the edge, then fold and repeat the other corner.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for the other edges. (If you are using a really long bulletin board, you may want to fold one end of the ribbon and staple it as you go toward the other corner.)
5. Once you have stapled the corners, check to see if the folded pieces have popped out. You can either gently trim what is sticking out or just fold it behind the front piece.

6 Easy Steps to Make a Bulletin Board "Present" - Looking for a fun and inexpensive way to decorate your room for the holiday? This post shows teachers how to make a bulletin board look like a present.

6. Chose a corner for your bow. Now, I am really cheap, and my bow cost $5. There is NO WAY I am throwing that out after one use. DO NOT remove the big paper tag attached to it. Fold the paper tag down and crease it well. Place the bow where you want it, lift the bow up and staple the tag multiple times.

Finished!
6 Easy Steps to Make a Bulletin Board "Present" - Looking for a fun and inexpensive way to decorate your room for the holiday? This post shows teachers how to make a bulletin board look like a present.
What easy decor tips do you have for the classroom? I would love to hear them!

No comments

Back to Top